zenzizenzizenzic
Worse thing of being talked about is Not being talked about at all

Read more stuff? Visit my Blog!

Monday, May 22, 2006

Movie: From Hell

From HellThis is one old movie by Johnny Depp. It was released at the year 2001. Being a fan of Johnny Depp, I finally get a chance to watch this movie. XD I wonder if this movie was banned in Malaysia. hmm... After some googling, I can't find anywhere that says this movie is ban. Or... at least it's not listed here ยป List of banned movies in Malaysia :p After going through the list, I just realized that Wedding Crashers is banned in Malaysia? The Shrek is on the list too? Hmm... I think the list might not be that accurate after all considering that my friend watched the movie in the cinema.

This is one hell of a good movie. :p Gruesome killings. Keeps you wondering who's the killer till the end. The movie setting lies in London, 1888. From Hell is based on a real story that happen in Whitechapel, London, 1888. It's about Jack the Ripper!!! Yes yes! The infamous seriel killer who kills 5 prositutes in a very gruesome way and for centuries, until now it's an unsolved case. However in this movie, we were told who's the killer and there were one survivor in the killings. Hmm...I think in real life, all of them were dead.

Anyway, I think Johnny Depp did a spectacular performance here. He's a detective who's trying to find out who's "Jack the Ripper". He's a drug addict in the movie with some special powers who can see the killings before it happens. He's always good in acting those "weird" characters. I will never forget him in Pirates of the Carribbean. I didn't know he can be funny!

Overall, a great movie, I was very entertained. Very nicely filmed and the storyline moves on a very nice pace. Watch it if you haven't already watched the movie!

2 Comments:

  • o , another johnny depp's movie tat i'd missed...
    been tryin to look for his old movies...
    heard of this 1 but duno how i can get my hands on it...
    the killer is actually a doctor if i'd remembered correctly...
    tat day i was watchin the astronaut's wife for 15 minutes only i realized he's actually johnny depp...
    cos he looked jus too normal...
    too used to him being weird...
    the clean cut ,smart lookin bloke w combed back hair is jus so hard to adjust to...
    anyhow...he never fails to charm me...
    hahahahahaahaha....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 26/5/06 12:43 AM  

  • ah i want to watch wedding crashers... i didnt know it was banned here... ishh... why??
    the shrek?? issit the same as the kid's movie shrek??
    jack the ripper, i think there was indeed a survivor... can't remember...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 13/6/06 10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home