zenzizenzizenzic
Worse thing of being talked about is Not being talked about at all

Read more stuff? Visit my Blog!

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Philippa Gregory's novels make me cry for days...

One of the many interest in my life as I was growing up was historical myths and legends, especially from the English history, and in particular King Henry VIII and his six wives. And I've always admired Anne Boleyn since I was young (having read and watched loads of stuffs on Anne Boleyn) and was heavily inspired by her determination of being Queen and for her daughter to rule England. And thanks to this interest of mine, I have been hooked on Philippa Gregory's novels!



"The Other Boleyn Girl" was like uncovering an unknown historical plot for me. I had no idea of the existence of Mary, Anne Boleyn's sister and this book covers mostly about her and how manipulative the Boleyns are...

The author really knew how to pull my emotion strings and I actually bawled reading this book and still feel sad when I think back of what happened during that period. All this while, when I read history contexts on the Boleyns or watching BBC movies, I never had a connection with the characters and even empathise with them. But this book definitely changed all that!

I love this books to heaps even though I got a bit tired reading the detailed descriptions of dresses and background but I highly recommend this book to those who shares my interest in history!



Another book I love from Philippa Gregory is "The Constant Princess" which tells on the struggles of Katherine of Aragon, the first wife of King Henry VIII from young, to leaving her home and family to an unknown country and to proving herself the Queen of England.

Again I was surprised when I read this book, alot of things which I didn't know of Katherine except she was an old lady who was in the way of Anne Boleyn of being Queen (I was rather biased towards Anne since I grew up idolising her). And again my heart went out to Katherine and cried terribly reading through this book...

By the way, more info on the author...
http://www.philippagregory.com
Yay, she's got a new book! Can't wait to get my hands on it...
You can also check it out at MPH bookstores... ยป MPH

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home